- Must be passionate about working with children; friendly, patient, caring, hardworking, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Can cope in a busy environment;
- Show a willingness to learn and access training;
Setting: Day Nursery for children between the ages of 0 to 5 years old.
It is essential that applicants have a genuine desire to work with children and have some understanding of what working in a childcare environment entails.
Duties & Responsibilities will include:
- Assist with proving a safe environment
- Competent and effective with settling in
- Managing behaviour
- Assisting with and ensuring unit is clean and tidy, meals are served appropriately, ensuring general cleanliness of children at all times
- Ensuring environment is stimulating and appropriate including layout, display of resources, displays
- Be familiar with all nursery policies and procedures
The successful candidate will be expected to work towards a Level 2/3 qualification in Child Care (which will be delivered in the workplace) as well as pass DBS clearance (formerly CRB).
WORKING WEEK: 30 hours – between 8am-5pm Mon – Fri (rota basis)
Apprenticeship Employment Duration: 12 Months